Sunday, December 14, 2008

I'm not sure when it started, this growing up process. But I know that I can't stop it. Physically it's impossible. Mentally it's hard. There are so many people telling you who to be and how to act. Thoughts get muddled and you start to forget that you WANT to be five again. Now time is spent in politics and finances. Things you had no reason to worry about when you were young. Things that you had no business meddling in. Suddenly you remember the life that you really want to live.

Twenty five and running through the front yard sprinkler.

Being the obnoxious table at the restaurant, but only because the tables around you have grown up and forgotten how to laugh.

When did we decide that growing up had to be so painfully boring? Who says you can't swing past sixteen? Go to the zoo at thirty? Roller skate in your seventies?

Guess what!?! I'm 23, and I'm going to take my turn on the penny ride at Meijers. I worked my ass off for that penny, and I'm going to enjoy it. If that means your three year old has to learn a lesson in patience.... so be it.

Life is short. Don't take your time here for granted. Live it up. Forget the pain you've been through. Let it go and enjoy the laughs. Do something you never thought you would. Tell him you love him.. Jump from a plane. Take a trip....by yourself.

Don't be afraid to get hurt.

Just remember

Live*Laugh*Love

No comments:

Post a Comment